If you’re graduating from secondary school in Richmond this year and plan to pursue post-secondary studies, be sure to apply for a Richmond Community Foundation scholarship.
The odds are in your favour.
Last year, only about 100 students applied for the more than 47 scholarships awarded. They were worth a combined $27,650.
There are scholarships for almost all areas of study, from social sciences to humanities and trades to arts.
Current scholarships include:
• Audrey Fricker Scholarship—Students who are affiliated with the Richmond Orchestra Chorus Association, and are pursuing musical studies (The first Audrey Fricker Scholarship will be awarded in 2020)
• Derek Dang and Dr. Margaret Yeung Scholarship—Any Post-Secondary Pursuit, Including Academic, Vocational, and Apprenticeship Programs
• Etta Demerse Scholarship—UBC, SFU, or Kwantlen
• Kronier Family Scholarship—Community Involvement, Any Post-Secondary Pursuit, Including Vocational and Apprenticeship Programs
• Michael Diston Memorial Scholarship—Fine Arts, General Arts (History, Social Sciences, Humanities), Apprenticeship Programs
• RichCity Idol Scholarship—Performing Arts
• Richmond Community Foundation Scholarship—Community Involvement
• Richmond Sunset Rotary Art Scholarship—Visual or Performing Arts
• Walter Wu Scholarship—Students who wish to compete in sports at a higher level, but require funding assistance to help them continue their post-secondary studies while pursuing their goals as an elite athlete
There is no requirement for a specific grade average for any scholarship and students who are pursuing trade and diploma courses are encouraged to apply in addition to those undertaking degree studies. The criteria for all the above scholarships include the following:
• A permanent Richmond resident
• Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
• Graduating, or have graduated within the past two years, from a secondary school in Richmond
• Applying to an accredited post-secondary school
• A demonstrated commitment to the community of Richmond
Students may apply for multiple scholarships, so be sure to select all those you are eligible for.
Along with your application, you will need to include two reference letters.
The application deadline is March 11, 2019.
To learn more, call 604-270-4483 or email email@example.com.
The Richmond Community Foundation also offers a variety of scholarships not listed on this site, as they have alternate application procedures and deadlines.
For more information on these scholarships, click.