Any and all information obtained by The Richmond Sentinel is obtained solely through expressed consent of the individual sharing said information.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information when you provide, post or upload it to us, such as, without limitation, when you fill out a form, post a comment or subscribe to a newspaper.
Using log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, we identify you and log usage data when you visit our website, such as when you view or click on content or ads, perform a search, install or update one of our mobile apps, or share articles.
USE OF INFORMATION
The Sentinel understands the delicacy of personal information and will therefore keep your information as safe as possible. The Sentinel will not be held liable for any information shared with somebody who does not work for The Sentinel.
We may use your information to:
1. Contact you through email, mobile phone, notices posted on our website;
2. Send messages about the availability and methods of use of our services, as well as with respect to, security or other service-related issues. Please note that you may change your communication preferences at any time;
3. Provide network updates, reminders, and promotional messages from us and our partners;
4. Conduct research for the further development of our services in order to provide you and others with a better, more intuitive and personalized experience, as well as to drive growth and engagement on our website;
5. Investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and service issues;
6. Any other related use for marketing purposes.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION & MATERIALS
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All advertising material, marketing plans, business plans, proposals, and other client information including, but not limited to, email addresses, names, and phone numbers, is considered strictly confidential and will not be released to any third party without the prior written consent of the client.
Information about our readers, including but not limited to, their name, home address, and email address, will not be released to any third party without the prior written consent of the client.
Employees of The Richmond Sentinel understand and respect that the information of clients and readers shall remain confidential at all times, unless otherwise authorized through written consent of the reader and/or client.