Wednesday’s COVID-19 updates in BC
Published 10:37 PDT, Thu April 9, 2020
Last Updated: 11:24 PDT, Thu April 9, 2020
The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving and the information below is current as of 3 p.m. on Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
- Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 1,336
- New cases since April 7, 2020: 45
- Hospitalized cases: 135
- Intensive care: 61
- COVID-19 related deaths: 48
- Recovered: 838
- Long term care and assisted living homes currently affected: 21
Confirmed cases by region:
- Vancouver Coastal Health: 615
- Fraser Health: 487
- Island Health: 81
- Interior Health: 130
- Northern Health: 23
- For Government of Canada COVID-19 travel advice:
Media availability schedule:
Upcoming scheduled media availabilities with Adrian Dix, Minister of Health, and Henry will be held:
Thursday, April 9, 2020 – 3 p.m., Victoria
Friday, April 10 – 3 p.m. Statement only to be issued
Saturday, April 11 – 12 p.m., Victoria (Dr. Bonnie Henry only)
Monday, April 13 – 3 p.m., Victoria
- For provincial support and COVID-19 information: www.gov.bc.ca/covid
- For seniors looking for additional support at this time, call 211
Or visit: http://www.bc211.ca/
- For information for Indigenous peoples in B.C., visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/indigenous-people/covid19
- If you or a family member need additional medical advice, call 811.
- 51,423 individuals have been tested as of April 7, 2020.
- If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
- If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
$9.99 for 8 slices of classic pizza or a whole pizza (Hawaiian, Pepperoni, Veggie)
FreshSlice - Near Seafair Centre
Use any of our home staging service and get a second month rental for free!